Meet The Team
Entela Jaupi is a professional violinist, performer and teacher. Entela was a member of the Albanian Opera House as a violinist in Tirana, Albania. Her performances include opera, ballet, classical and contemporary repertoire by Puccini, Verdi, Mascagni, Leoncavallo, Mozart, Beethoven, Rossini, Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky in addition to others. She has performed on the most prestigious of European stages and toured all throughout Europe including Italy, Greece and Turkey.
After her move to the states, Entela studied with Hai Xin Wu, assistant concertmaster of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Her performances also include many solo recitals in the metro area and Canada as well as orchestras including BBSO, LSO, DSO, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Isle, Plymouth (Michigan Philharmonic), etc. Many of the venues include DTE Theater, WFCU Center in Windsor, Madonna College Plymouth Arts Center, Cherry Hill Village Theater, etc. She has played alongside legends including Led Zeppelin, Josh Groban and The Priests of Ireland.
In addition, she does numerous clinics and master classes in the districts of Livonia and Plymouth Canton and adjudicates throughout the Metro Area. She has a love of teaching all students who share an excitement and passion for music!
Born in Chisinau, Moldova, Larisa Soboleva began her piano studies at the age of five
with Larisa Kalinovskaya. In 1998 she continued to study at the Republican Lyceum
“Ciprian Porumbescu” under the distinguish pedagogue and pianist Lia Oxinoit. In 2003,
Ms. Soboleva was accepted into the National Academy of Music, Theatre and Fine Arts
in Chisinau, where she studied Dr. Inna Hatipova and Sergei Covalenco. In 2008 Ms.
Soboleva received a full scholarship and assistantship from Rowan University to study
with Professor Veda Zuponcic. She was awarded the full scholarship and assistantship
from University of Miami in 2012, where she completed her doctorate studies under
Santiago Rodriguez (piano) and Naoko Takao (pedagogy).
During her years of study, Ms. Soboleva has won prizes in National and International
Competitions in Moldova, Ukraine, Romania and USA. She has performed with the
National orchestra of the Teleradio Moldova, with National Chamber Orchestra and with
the orchestra of Rowan University. Ms. Soboleva has recorded a number of
compositions written by composers of Moldova in 2006 and 2013, including works by
Vladimir Rotaru, Vladimir Beleaev and Ghenadie Ciobanu.
Ms. Soboleva is the holder of two Master Degrees in Piano Performance: from
Academy of Music, Theatre and Fine Arts in Chisinau and from Rowan University,
which she graduated with the Jacob Steinway Award, given to the most outstanding
pianists graduating in either BM or MM program. She successfully combines
performance activities with piano teaching. She was one of the first Piano Faculty of the
Rowan Prep, NJ founded in 2009, a Piano Faculty at Superior Academy of Music, Fl,
and a part of the faculty of Frost School of Music Preparatory Program since 2013.
Jason Gong is an international pianist and cellist from Michigan. He received his Masters in Piano Performance at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, United Kingdom studying under Prof. Noriko Ogawa and Prof. Paul Roberts and his Bachelors of Music in Piano Performance from the University of Michigan studying under Dr. Louis Nagel. He has a passion for collaboration, both with other musicians as well as with other disciplines.
Jason has also performed in many duos, trios, quartets, and quintets, as well as larger ensembles and orchestras such as the Guildhall New Music Ensemble, UM University Choir, Detroit Symphony Orchestra Civic Ensemble, the Panache Group, Mosaic Youth Theatre, and the Seaway Chorale and Orchestra. Aside from performing, Jason is also an active accompanist and educator.
Most recently, he created and performed original works with other musicians and visual artists for the Curiosa exhibition in Gois, Portugal, and also performed works by Ravel and Debussy alongside original choreography with dancers and choreographers from the London Contemporary Dance School. Other recent projects include work with musical theatre, silent film, contemporary composers, local musicians, and dancers.
* 2018 - Guitar soloist with the Seaway Chorale Orchestra, performing Mason Williams' Classical Gas, as part of the Good Vibrations concert, a tribute to the music of the 1960's
* 2017 - Author of Arpeggio Mastery for Guitarists': a Comprehensive Visual Guide and Arpeggio Mastery for Bassists: a Comprehensive Visual Guide.
* 2015 - Present - singer with the Seaway Chorale
* 2011 - composed Elegy for Violin and Piano, performed at the Baton Rouge, LA Community College Arts Festival's "Premiers Concert."
* 2009 - 2012: electric bassist and keyboardist with "Mockingbird," a three-piece oldies band, based in Berrien County, Michigan.
* 2004 - composed Psalms of Rejoicing for aN Acapella choir, commissioned by the Summit Academy Choir, which was performed at the Indiana State House, Indianapolis, Indiana, as part of the 2004 celebration of the National Day of Prayer.
* 2001 - composed Fantasia on a Theme of Perotin on commission from the Etowah Youth Concert Band, Gadsden, Alabama.
* 1999 - composed Wonderland Variations, (after Lewis Carroll), on commission from the Etowah Youth Orchestra, Gadsden, Alabama, and performed as part of the Atrium Concert Series, at the Kennedy Center, Washington, DC.
* 1997 - composed An Elizabethan Suite, on commission from the Etowah Youth Orchestra, Gadsden Alabama, and performed at the Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center, New York City.
* 1996 - composed Andantino for String Orchestra, on commission from the Etowah Youth Orchestra. Gadsden, Alabama.
* 1994 - 1999 - adjunct instructor of guitar at Ball State University, Taylor University, Indiana Wesleyan University, and the Jay County Arts Council.
* 1997 - Master of Arts in Spanish from Ball State University
* 1994 - 1999 - composition and counterpoint studies with Dr. Ernesto Pellegrini, and Dr. Jody Nagel, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana.
* 1994 - 1998 - guitar studies with Professor Paul Reilly, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana.
* 1990 - 1994 - Instructor of Guitar and Music Appreciation at Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
* 1988 - Master of Business Administration - Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
* 1977 - composition studies with Cornelius "Conny" Connell.
* 1976 - Master of Music, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana.
* 1974 - Bachelor of Arts, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
* 1968 - 1970 - jazz guitar studies with Ron Pritchett, Evansville, Indiana.